Employment support with LCPD-People and Development Solutions Designed for the Local Council Sector
Professional Support • Expert Advice • Flexible Service • Pragmatic Approach
Tailored employment and HR support for your council
Local Council People & Development (LCPD) is a separate membership service that is designed to suit the needs of local councils. We provide tailored employment and HR advice, support and documentation that is competitively priced to help councils remain legally compliant. Our professionals do not replace the manager/employee relationship but can equip your line managers and council representatives with the skills and information they need to fulfil their obligations effectively.
What LCPD members receive
Ongoing email and telephone advice and support on all aspects of employment and HR including:
- Absence management (including referrals to Occupational Health)
- Capability processes
- Disciplinaries and grievances
- Pay reviews
Who we are
- Each of our qualified professionals has experience in the local council sector, so we understand how you work and the challenges you face.
- We provide employment and HR advice and support to parish and town councils across Hampshire and Berkshire.
- There is no one-size-fits-all; we will always tailor our advice to your council and consider your protocols, and employer status.
Our professionals will take time to understand your issues and present a range of solutions.
Meet the Team
HR & Employment OfficerRead more
Sharon is an HR Professional with over 20 year’s experience in a variety of senior HR roles in both public and private sector organisations. She has been working with the LCPD service since 2017 and has gained a lot of knowledge and experience of the local council sector during this time. She runs her own HR Consultancy working with a variety of organisations and now heads up the LCPD service on behalf of HALC. Sharon holds a degree in Hotel and Tourism Management, a post graduate diploma in Personnel and Development and is a Chartered member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (the Human Resources professional body in the UK). She has a lot of experience in operational and strategic HR including Employee Relations and Employment Law.
Chief ExecutiveRead more